Shipping Specialist Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas serving small, craft producers around the world by providing our customers with the cans, canning supplies, and equipment they need through an unparalleled customer experience. We are proud of the work that we do and have a lot of fun doing it!
As a member of the logistics team, you will be accountable for managing all aspects of shipping/freight support for our customer service department. This includes complete ownership of quoting consolidated and dedicated freight orders, tracking shipments, anticipating problems, filing claims for lost/damaged shipments, proactively communicating updates to/from our 3PL service providers and customer service team, and helping to provide creative solutions that will exceed our customer’s expectations as it relates to shipping.
What is the job?
- Retain working knowledge of transportation systems and order fulfillment processes after initial training.
- Initiate contact with carriers and 3PL providers to quote dedicated and consolidated orders.
- Facilitate complete communication (and translate terminology) between our shipping service providers and customer service teams.
- Organize and track freight shipments on an appropriate time schedule – LTL, Consolidated and TL shipments.
- Effectively communicate and escalate events through management channels as needed.
- File claims with our insurance provider for all lost/damage shipments.
- Review shipping reports and reconcile delivered shipments to ensure accuracy of quoting/billing.
- Actively collaborate with customer service in logging customer preferences and needs – dock hours, accessorials, preferred carriers, unexpected delivery fees, etc.
- Compose accurate and appropriate communication through a variety of channels – phone, e-mail, Microsoft Teams, etc.
- Provide hands on support to other shipping specialists in their absence – working knowledge of shipping paperwork, BOLs, commercial invoices, packing slips, etc.
- Adapt to changing processes while working towards standardization with our shipping efforts.
What is required?
- 1 year experience in transportation and customer service experience; particularly freight shipments.
- Basic knowledge of freight transportation systems, requirements, and paperwork; basic understanding of parcel shipping.
- A sense of curiosity – to ask questions that may not have been asked to improve customer experience and American Canning operations.
- Ability to think critically – are we pursuing the best shipping method possible?
- Ability to translate sales requests to service providers, and in return, carrier terminology to sales reps/customers.
- Ability to anticipate – how can we look ahead to avoid a problem?
- Excellent problem analysis skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Natural tendency to follow-up, follow-through.
- Ability to collaborate well with multiple departments and personalities.
- Strong work ethic with a professional and positive attitude.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team that is trying to keep Austin weird, we hope you’ll consider applying.2021-03-05|||Austin, TX|||||||||KP_K2eF_HZNDIO8_|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false