Due to overwhelming demand, information for many products is changing rapidly. We have developed this resource center to provide a quick glance at our operations and will be updating all sections as information becomes available.
Below are updates as of 12/1/2020.
- We are continuing to ship supplies and manufacture shrink-sleeve cans within all CDC, federal, state and local guidelines.
- Office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm central, Monday - Friday
Nationwide Can Shortage Update
A nationwide shortage of 12oz standard cans is occurring. ETA for additional North American inventory is unknown although not anticipated until Q1 2021. International suppliers are currently being evaluated and will be utilized when fully vetted to supplement supply. All waitlist customers from summer 2020 will be contacted prior to 12oz standard cans returning to online ordering.
16oz can inventory is increasing but delivery remains sporadic. Stock will be made available online as trucks are received. Product pages will be updated with the next known release date as information becomes available.
12oz sleek waitlist requests are complete; inventory will be made available online as trucks arrive. ETA for additional stock will be posted on the product page as information becomes available.
All other can sizes are available to purchase online. In an effort to help as many craft manufacturers as possible, please abide by all maximum order quantities.
For more information on the shortage:
- US Brewers Face Severe Shortage of 12-ounce Cans
- Another shortage! Beer, soda makers struggle with aluminum can supply. plan to limit niche drinks.
- Why America is running out of aluminum cans
Nationwide Shipping Delays
Less-than-truckload freight carriers are experiencing a backlog of freight due to high volume holiday demand and many COVID-19 operating complications. Please anticipate longer than normal transit times.
- Parcel: Up to 3 business days + transit time
- Freight: Up to 5 business days + transit time
Order Status Inquiries
Order confirmation means that inventory on your order is secured and will be shipped. Tracking information will automatically be sent when the order leaves our dock. To help reduce the number of e-mails to our service team, please limit status inquiries to cancellations or orders falling outside of the above lead times.
Tracking Your Order
Not sure of the carrier but have a tracking code? Click here.
Effective March 26, UPS suspended UPS Service Guarantee for all shipments. Commitment times for UPS Next Day Air AM® and UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.® services will be extended to end-of-day. If the location is closed, UPS will hold your shipment and attempt to complete the delivery at a later date indicated to UPS that it will re-open within 9 days, however, if the location is closed UPS will return the package to the sender. Please visit UPS.com for complete updates. American Canning is not responsible for returned shipments; customers will be responsible for replacement shipping charges.
If a pallet/product arrives damaged, please DO NOT reject the shipment. With limited supply across many products, we cannot guarantee immediate replacements nor offer a refund until an official claim has been processed. Damage of up to two percent should be anticipated in transit due to the sensitive nature of cans. Damage in excess of two percent should be documented with photos at the time of receiving and noted on the BOL, as well as communicated to the carrier driver and American Canning as soon as possible. The best course of action is to accept the can pallet, note total damage, communicate with our sales support team and we will work to offer a credit/replacement (pending supply availability) for the damaged cans.
Crown Can End Availability
- Due to changes in allocation from the manufacturer, many Crown can ends are sold out with no ETA for restock.
- Ball and Crown ends can be used interchangeably as long as seam specifications are met. If needed, please contact a member of our sales team to help with the transition between suppliers.
Can Terminology & Product Compatibility
Standard = 211 body-diameter / 202 end-diameter; standard PakTech and case trays
- Fill volumes: 12oz, 16oz, 19.2oz, 375ml
- Please check your seamer settings prior to purchasing 202 ends; SuperEnds and Small Opening Ends are NOT interchangeable with B64/LOEs
Sleek = 204.5 body-diameter / 202 end-diameter; sleek PakTech and case trays
- Fill volumes: 8oz, 12oz
Slim = 202 body-diameter / 200 end-diameter; slim PakTech and case trays
- Fill volumes: 187ml, 250ml
'Growler-sized' = 307 body-diameter / 300 end-diameter; 3Pak PakTech, no compatible case trays
- Fill volumes: 25.4oz, 32oz
Cans, ends, carriers and case trays are all sold separately.
As always, if you can't find an answer please reach our to our customer service team. We are responding to e-mails as quickly as possible; please be patient and allow at least one business day to receive an answer.