Due to overwhelming demand, information for many products is changing rapidly. We have developed this resource center to provide a quick glance at our operations and will be updating all sections as information becomes available.
Below are updates as of 10/1/2020.
- We are continuing to ship supplies and manufacture shrink-sleeve cans within all CDC, federal, state and local guidelines.
- Office hours are 8:30am - 4:30pm central, Monday - Friday
Nationwide Can Shortage - Waitlist Updates
There is currently a nationwide shortage of 12oz cans; the shortage is impacting 16oz availability as well.
Waitlist requests for 12oz and 16oz can orders are being accepted through Sunday, October 4. Beginning Monday, October 5, waitlists will be discontinued in an effort to return to normal online ordering procedures and help as many customers as possible, as soon as possible.
Supply of both 12oz and 16oz cans is increasing. We anticipate inventory will be available for online ordering beginning late October/early November for all can sizes. Once online ordering resumes, sales will only be in the volume that inventory is received.
Anticipate brief interruptions in supply from time to time through at least the end of 2020.
For more information on the shortage:
- US Brewers Face Severe Shortage of 12-ounce Cans
- Another shortage! Beer, soda makers struggle with aluminum can supply. plan to limit niche drinks.
- Why America is running out of aluminum cans
Nationwide Shipping Delays
Less-than-truckload freight carriers are experiencing a backlog of freight nationwide due to high volume demand and many COVID-19 operating complications.
- Several carriers have had to close facilities due to COVID-19 outbreaks.
- Labor shortages and delays in getting drivers and dock personnel to return and re-hire has taken longer than expected.
- Embargoes have been enacted by some carriers at specific terminals across the countries; loads are not being accepted, nor picked up at these locations.
- Extreme backlogs of up to 5 weeks are being reported at the busiest terminals.
- Parcel: Up to 3 business days
- Freight: Up to 5 business days UNLESS otherwise noted on specific product pages
Order Status Inquiries
Order confirmation means that inventory on your order is secured and will be shipped. Tracking information will automatically be sent when the order leaves our dock. To help reduce the number of e-mails to our service team, please limit status inquiries to cancellations or orders falling outside of the above lead times.
Tracking Your Order
Not sure of the carrier but have a tracking code? Click here.
Effective March 26, UPS suspended UPS Service Guarantee for all shipments. Commitment times for UPS Next Day Air AM® and UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.® services will be extended to end-of-day. If the location is closed, UPS will hold your shipment and attempt to complete the delivery at a later date indicated to UPS that it will re-open within 9 days, however, if the location is closed UPS will return the package to the sender. Please visit UPS.com for complete updates. American Canning is not responsible for returned shipments; customers will be responsible for replacement shipping charges.
If a pallet/product arrives damaged, please DO NOT reject the shipment. With limited supply across many products, we cannot guarantee immediate replacements nor offer a refund until an official claim has been processed. Damage of up to two percent should be anticipated in transit due to the sensitive nature of cans. Damage in excess of two percent should be documented with photos at the time of receiving and noted on the BOL, as well as communicated to the carrier driver and American Canning as soon as possible. The best course of action is to accept the can pallet, note total damage, communicate with our sales support team and we will work to offer a credit/replacement (pending supply availability) for the damaged cans.
- Due to changes in allocation from the manufacturer, Crown 202 LOE ends are sold out with no ETA for restock.
- Ball and Crown ends can be used interchangeably as long as seam specifications are met. If needed, please contact a member of our sales team to help with the transition between suppliers.
- Crown 202 SuperEnds will remain available although limited with maximum order quantities
Can Terminology & Product Compatibility
Standard = 211 body-diameter / 202 end-diameter; standard PakTech and case trays
- Fill volumes: 12oz, 16oz, 19.2oz, 375ml
- Please check your seamer settings prior to purchasing 202 ends; SuperEnds and Small Opening Ends are NOT interchangeable with B64/LOEs
Sleek = 204.5 body-diameter / 202 end-diameter; sleek PakTech and case trays
- Fill volumes: 8oz, 12oz
Slim = 202 body-diameter / 200 end-diameter; slim PakTech and case trays
- Fill volumes: 187ml, 250ml
'Growler-sized' = 307 body-diameter / 300 end-diameter; 3Pak PakTech, no compatible case trays
- Fill volumes: 25.4oz, 32oz
Cans, ends, carriers and case trays are all sold separately.
Subscribe for E-mail Updates
As always, if you can't find an answer please reach our to our customer service team. We are responding to e-mails as quickly as possible; please be patient and allow at least one business day to receive an answer.