Quality Control Technician Apply Now
Who is American Canning Machines?
At American Canning Machines, we take pride in helping small-scale beverage producers share their craft in cans. We do this by providing customers with machines that are specifically designed to work well in a craft beverage facility. From compact footprints to compact budgets, we focus on the real machinery needs of the craft beverage maker. We are based in Austin, Texas, but distribute our canning machines to craft beverage producers around the world.
At the very core of ACM is a deep drive for continuous improvement, from our machines and production processes to our culture and facilities. We look for ways to make ACM a truly stellar place to work. We believe that employees come first and everything else falls in line.
So… what is the Job?
American Canning Machines is seeking a Quality Control Technician to work alongside our engineering, production, and procurement teams. The role will center around inspecting parts, assemblies, and machines to ensure they meet our quality standards. The purpose of the quality technician is to minimize the amount of product that does not meet our specifications from reaching the assembly lines and, most importantly, our customers. You will be inspecting components using high precision measurement equipment, and detailing conformance their specifications. This entails long stints of time standing, bending, repetitive motion tasks, and computer work.
Job Duties Include:
- Inspecting incoming parts and report any non-confirming parts to manufacturing engineering determine if they can be re-worked or must be sent back to the manufacturer.
- Perform quality audits on sub-assemblies and machines to ensure SOPs are being followed.
- Escalate any sub-assembly issues found to the production manager and manufacturing engineer.
- Pre-ship/Completed machine inspection and review.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and be highly organized.
- Work well in a team setting. It really is the most important thing!
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings. (GD&T a plus)
- Experience with precision measurement equipment including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, and height gauges. (CMM experience is a plus)
- Computer proficiency including the Microsoft environment (Outlook, Excel, Word)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to visually detect defects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand and determine basic root cause for defects
- Have a passion for craft beverages
- Have experience working in a small businesses environment
- If this sounds like you and you’re ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you’ll consider applying.