Account Specialist - Inside Sales Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to craft manufacturers throughout North America in every beverage category.
What is the job?
Account specialists fulfill the role of inside sales. They are the ultimate organizers of order details, helping ensure purchase orders are received and entered accurately, communicating with customers through production and delivery. Their ability to communicate effectively and with purpose is paramount to our customers’, and many other team members’, successes. Operating on the front lines, account specialists are passionate about providing the ultimate purchase experience – known by customers for their approachable personality, ease-of-interaction, thorough communication, and effective order execution.
A successful candidate will….
- Thrive in a supportive role / be an incredible team member.
- As a liaison between many departments, the work of an account specialist is rarely individual. They will work hard to pull their weight for the team and be flexible when events outside their control occur. Through it all, they will remain positive and understand that working together provides the best customer experience.
- Prioritize customer experience / maintain positive customer relationships.
- Account specialist will take time to get to know our customers and have no problem recognizing activities that help create a better experience for them.
- Communicate effectively – in person, on the phone, and via digital platforms.
- Creating custom packaging requires clear, concise, and easy-to-understand communication. Receivers of a specialist’s communication should never doubt details, or messaging intent.
- Be detail oriented and thorough.
- Great candidates will naturally seek out and document pertinent details to ensure orders are entered, fulfilled, and delivered with accuracy, and in a timely manner.
- Maintain perspective.
- Customer facing roles can be challenging. While our team works hard to ensure every day is enjoyable, we’re looking for people that can remain calm and approachable despite potentially frustrating circumstances and interactions.
What do we expect?
- Outstanding communication and relationship management with all customers and team members.
- Work collaboratively with customers and internal team members to effectively close sales opportunities.
- Collect, organize, and handle paperwork, entering sales data with near 100% accuracy.
- Receive POs and/or order requests, provide quotes, and create orders for customers.
- Enter orders into all appropriate systems, monitoring their status from order entry through final delivery.
- Communicate account and order updates with customers and internal departments as necessary.
- Act as the primary point of contact for order-related customer concerns; handling customer complaints as received, escalating, or resolving as able.
- Enter/maintain accurate lead, contact, account data, and case data for all supply customers.
- Enter/maintain accurate order data for transparency between art/sales/production/purchasing.
- Participate in sales meetings as requested, either with the team or individual customers.
- Assist in the implementation of sales/marketing systems as requested.
- Willing to help cover responsibilities of other team members during PTO and participate in special customer/sales related projects as requested/assigned.
- An optimistic individual – sales and customer service isn’t always easy – let’s make it fun!
What is required?
- 1-3 years of proven experience in an inside sales/account specialist related role.
- Understanding of beverage manufacturing, can packaging, and/or custom artwork orders preferred.
- Ability to follow (and find joy in!) repeated processes and documented workflows.
- Comfortability speaking to customers on the phone, via e-mail, or in person.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and ability to track multiple sales at once.
- Experience managing orders within an ERP environment preferred (NetSuite, Sage, Oracle, X3, etc)
- Experience with CRM software preferred (Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Paid Lunch Breaks
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + 4% matching)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Long-Term Disability
- Fun company get-togethers, department outings, and cookouts at the office