Vice President of Operations Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a fast-growing company based in Austin, Texas that takes pride being a premium quality supplier of can packaging solutions to beverage manufacturers worldwide. We are a team-first, but customer-centric organization that focuses on creating innovative solutions for the businesses we serve. We celebrate curiosity, insist on collaboration, and always look ahead to imagine what our world could be. We are proud of the work we do and insist on having a lot of fun doing it!
What is the job?
The VP of Operations role is new to American Canning and will be responsible for the performance management of a varied set of existing and future departments, environments, and schedules. Your primary function is to build, implement, and execute on operational initiatives to uphold our reputation for quality and service in support of our continued rapid growth.
What will you do?
Establish data supported processes, workflows, re-structure teams, implement systems to increase quality throughout, and prepare for rapid scaling in the following areas:
- Warehousing and order fulfillment
- Shipping and logistics
- Can decorating production (shrink sleeving)
- Mobile canning
Near future projects and initiatives to expect:
- Selection and implementation of capacity planning, inventory, and warehouse management systems.
- Collaboration with current management on new facility setup and relocation in Q4 2021.
- Development of KPIs, metrics, and reporting within all operational areas.
What do we expect?
- Work with leadership to set departmental goals grounded in data and work proactively to ensure the operational teams and systems are in place to exceed these targets.
- Continually work across all teams to ensure an effective flow of information and a high level of collaboration (sales, finance, machines, and all areas of operations).
- Use root cause analysis to solve problems and identify key opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure a culture of quality and safety is upheld in all that we do.
- Lead the hiring, development, and management of all operational team members.
- Willingness and ability to identify and quickly adapt to changing circumstances.
What is required?
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in manufacturing or distribution with 5+ years in leadership roles.
- Highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to effectively lead a diverse work force.
- Innate ability to bring people together and rally around solving a problem.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Strong proclivity for creating order out of chaos.
- The desire to be an industry leader, who is passionate yet adaptable.
- A love for data: how to get it and what to do with it.
- Deep knowledge of Capacity Planning Software, Inventory and Warehouse Management Systems, and ERP Software – NetSuite experience is a plus.
- An unquenchable curiosity for the limits of excellence (F the status quo).
- Experience with compliance agencies and certifications (ISO 9001:2008, OSHA, etc.)
- Experience managing multimillion-dollar facility build or expansion projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in operational management or a related field.
- Familiarity with 6 Sigma best practices or certification is a bonus.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, fun-loving team that challenges the status quo, we hope you’ll consider applying.2021-10-31|||Austin, TX|||Operations||||||2iY67cOFw0dGDy1l|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false