Sleeved Can Production Manager Apply Now
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas that takes pride being a premium quality supplier of can packaging solutions to beverage manufacturers worldwide. We are proud of the work we do supporting small businesses and insist on having a lot of fun doing it!
The role of the Sleeved Can Production Manager will be to provide general oversight of the entire can sleeving production process, ensuring quality and safety standards on the production line, generating and maintaining production/shift schedules, and managing consistent equipment maintenance, all in accordance with American Canning’s mission and values.
What is the Job?
Oversee all aspects of sleeved can production at American Canning.
What will you do?
- Lead and manage a manufacturing production team with multiple shifts.
- Coordinate and cooperate with your team and other departments such as Sales, Customer Service, and Purchasing to ensure timely order production for our customers.
- Track materials inventory for production and communicate with Purchasing department appropriately to maintain availability.
- Generate and maintain a production schedule based on order dates, batching by size/style whenever possible.
- Schedule downtime for equipment maintenance and cleaning of sleeve applicator machine, depalletizing/repalletizing machines, conveyance, heat tunnels, and steam boilers. Maintain spare parts inventory for these machines.
What do we expect?
- Lead. Face the tasks at hand with confidence and fortitude, and inspire your team to go the distance with you. A team-oriented, servant leadership approach is critical for this role to manage your team in a manner that matches our company values.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, and organizational skills applied with a positive, cooperative attitude and commitment to success.
- Flexibility. You are going to run into many obstacles. Identify the root. Plan. Adapt.
- Unmatched ability to triage multiple immediate concerns and keep the ball rolling with ongoing projects, while maintaining a people-focused approach to managing your team. The work must happen, but the people make it happen.
- Strong ability to manage conflicting requirements and timelines.
- A keen eye for detail. The small stuff matters. The Production Manager is ultimately responsible for maintaining American Canning quality standards on all sleeved can orders that leave our facility.
- Develop and document team SOP’s. American Canning is growing and changing fast. Procedures and process documentation are critical. We are counting on you.
- Delegate and support. You must facilitate your team’s opportunities to operate efficiently and successfully day-to-day. Help American Canning provide our staff with the tools necessary to pursue our mission and achieve our goals with the approach of service-driven leadership. You work for your team, not them for you.
- Mechanical intuition and experience. Machines need TLC sometimes. Go get ‘em, tiger!
What is required?
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a production management role.
- Production and capacity planning experience.
- Proven ability to forecast and manage lead times.
- Excellent resource and materials management skills.
- General manufacturing/warehouse safety standards knowledge and understanding.
- Forklift and other warehouse equipment operation experience is a plus!
- Food/Beverage manufacturing facility experience is a plus!
- Time and priority management. Ability to manage numerous ongoing projects is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and conflict resolution experience.
- Self-driven and proactive work style, with the desire to pursue excellence.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems in fast-paced workplace.
- Ability to squat, bend, kneel, etc. for up to several hours at times.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. overhead at times.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you’ll consider applying.2021-04-30|||Austin, TX|||Operations | Production||||||Fcvv.yiCfng--70d|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false