Project Manager Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to manufacturers worldwide through our mobile canning services, canning machine equipment, packaging supply distribution efforts, and unparalleled customer service. In 2022, we are looking forward to adding can manufacturing to our ecosystem.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Project Manager will organize, manage, and plan complex projects for American Canning’s growth and implementation efforts.
A successful candidate will be…
A Communication Wizard – You know when and how to effectively communicate when people are falling behind and set expectations to keep the project moving.
A Skilled Motivator - you find ways to motivate people whom you have no direct influence yet who can make or break a project. We all have a lot on our plate, but you know that project delays cost money and are able positively influence people to prioritize.
Able to Work in the Grey - Issues with external constraints and complexities, project limitations, conflicting priorities, and ambiguity — these and other uncertainties will almost certainly be encountered, and you are comfortable making sense of the chaos.
What will you do?
- Leads an interdepartmental team to complete an assigned project on time, on budget, and to the specifications
- Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly
- Maintains an actual versus planned Gantt chart of tasks and communicates interdependencies in the project to ensure priorities are being worked on by each contributor
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates.
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
- Acts as a liaison between company, customers, and vendors.
- What do we expect?
- Strong organization skills with an ability to work on 3-5 different projects at once
- Expert level in Excel, with the ability to create Gantt Charts, Pivot Tables, Pivot Reporting, and Advanced Charting
- Familiarity with Project Management software, such as Monday.com
- Minimum 3 years of related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, which may include Computer Science, Business, or Engineering is a plus
- PMP, PgMP, and/or comparable project management certifications are a plus
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + Matching)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation and Sick)
- Paid Public Holidays
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Company supported continued education
- Fun company get-togethers and department outings
- Monthly cookouts at the office