Production Technician - Backend Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to manufacturers worldwide through our mobile canning services, canning machine equipment, packaging supply distribution efforts, and unparalleled customer service. In 2022, we are looking forward to adding can manufacturing to our ecosystem.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Can Plant Production Manager, the Backend Operator will operate the machinery in a new, state-of-the art facility. The machinery includes the Necker (18 stages) and Palletizer (NO IC spray). This new facility uses a waterless technology and is the first of its kind in North America!
A successful candidate will be…
A Team Player – You’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others and enjoys brainstorming, project-work, and building team spirit.
Mechanically Inclined – You are naturally inquisitive and love to tinker. If something needs to be fixed, you dive head in, pulling from experience on how machines work.
Goal-oriented – You are happy when everything is moving and grooving but jump into action once you see the slightest issue with the machine. You know that if the machine goes down, we are letting our customers down.
What will you do?
- Monitor/operate necker machine, operate/oversee palletizer, and coordinate with forklift operator to keep palletizer loaded with raw materials
- Work various manual or mechanical production functions by operating, adjusting, and repairing the production equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Conduct inspection of in-process materials, and in-process and finished product.
- Complete preventative maintenance on production equipment as required.
- Perform troubleshooting on production equipment as required.
- Disassemble, overhaul, and rebuild production equipment.
- Perform on-the-job training and development of fellow co-workers.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies, materials, parts, and tooling required for assigned area.
- Execute record keeping duties as required under the direction of management.
- Review SOPs and control plans relevant to their area on a regular basis.
- Cross-train into all areas of production.
- Recognize waste streams and minimize waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation. Understand and practice proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Comply with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Comply with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Operate under FDA regulations.
What do we expect?
- Ability to meet deadlines while concentrating and paying attention to detail.
- Thorough ability to understanding of the operating principles of the specialty equipment.
- Must be able to organize, plan, and prioritize.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Team Player mentality at all times. We are all one big team that likes to jump in and help each other out when needed.
- Natural Collaborator – Bring your ideas to the table on how to streamline, improve safety, and efficiencies.
- Can making experience for 2 years, preferred.
- Industrial manufacturing machine operating experience
- Possesses an interest in and a high aptitude for mechanics, with the ability to use hand and power tools.
- Basic computer skills, such as communication tools, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Skills to use precision measuring instruments and identify product defects.
- Capacity to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate forklift or aerial scissors lift, preferred.
- This position is exposed to occupational hazards, including but not limited to, high noise levels, physical obstacles, exposure to chemicals, working on your feet etc.
- Capable of working in confined areas.
- Paid Lunch Breaks
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + Matching)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Paid Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Company supported continued education
- Fun company get togethers and department outings
- Monthly cookouts at the office
- **We are taking applications now, interviews to begin at the end of the month**
- Anticipated start date late September