Production Associate – OVERNIGHT SHIFT Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a high growth startup based in Austin, Texas serving small, craft beverage producers around the world by providing our customers with the cans, canning supplies, and equipment through an unparalleled customer experience. We are proud of the work that we do and have a lot of fun doing it!
We are kicking off a 3rd shift on our Sleeved Can Production Team and looking for energetic, positive individuals to join us. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with an eye for detail, superior problem-solving acumen and effective communication. Previous overnight shift work experience is preferred.
What is the job?
- This position will center around working on our can sleeving line to produce finished cans that will ship to our customers.
What will you do?
- Operate shrink-wrap machine with the production team.
- Maintain production line efficiency with minimal managerial oversight.
- Perform basic maintenance and adjustments to machinery to ensure high levels of performance.
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and recordkeeping procedures, and report problems to supervisor.
- Proficiently document downtime.
- Ensure finished product is accurately labelled and handed off to shipping team.
What do we expect?
- Take pride in your work with a strong focus on efficiency and QA/QC.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with co-workers and Production Manager both in person and using digital communication tools (Teams, email).
What is required?
- Experience with machine operation and maintenance.
- Experience with inventory management, general warehouse etiquette and functions.
- Previous experience and understanding of QA/QC on production line.
- Ability to work independently, with sound judgement and troubleshooting.
- Previous forklift experience.
- Superior problem-solving acumen.
- Must be able to frequently lift 30 to 60 lbs. regularly throughout the day.
- Prolonged periods of standing, and frequent bending.
- Must be able to safely and effectively work from 10:00pm – 6:00am shift.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Have an affinity for teaching AND learning new skills.
- Have a team-oriented attitude and eagerness to help others.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you will consider applying.2021-07-30|||Austin, TX|||Operations | Production||||||GWtitds7EwtU5sRJ|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false