Mechanical Engineer Apply Now
Who is American Canning Machines?
At American Canning Machines, we take pride in helping small-scale beverage producers share their craft in cans. We do this by providing customers with machines that are specifically designed to work well in a craft beverage facility. From compact footprints to compact budgets, we focus on the real machinery needs of the craft beverage maker. We are dedicated to innovation in everything we do and are always wondering what could be. Based in Austin, Texas, but distributing our canning machines around the world, we are radically changing the craft beverage packaging universe.
We are looking for a creative, self-directed Mechanical Engineer who thrives in a challenging, dynamic environment to join our rockstar team.
What is the job?
Oversee the complete product life cycle, from wild brainstorms, hands on prototyping, proof of concept testing, into DFM, production documentation, verification and validation, through to production support, process improvement, and design revisions. This is a hands-on position for engineers to jump in and get their hands dirty.
What will you do?
- Mechanical design and documentation of high performance, efficient, simple, and elegant solutions.
- Prototyping/ assembling/ testing/ validating your designs.
- Workshop skills: Manual Mill, Manual Lathe, CNC Router, TIG Welder, Manual Router, Table Saw.
What do we expect?
- Excellent in-house manufacturing and prototyping capabilities.
- The discipline to see projects to completion with the flexibility to adapt timelines to reality.
- Eagerness to develop new skill sets and learn about new equipment.
- A good attitude when faced with the challenges of creating new products, while always keeping the value to customer and their needs clearly in focus.
What is required?
- Strong mechanical design skills with an eye for value engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant engineering field and 2+ years of experience OR 5+ years of documented mechanical design project experience.
- Ability to think creatively, critically, and innovatively.
- Problem solving with ability to organize, prioritize, and complete multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and decision-making skills.
- Understanding of company’s current products and future goals.
- Customer focused, quality driven mindset.
- Must embrace working in a fast-paced small business.
- Collaboration in a team setting. It really is the most important thing!
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fluids design experience.
- Experience with industrial automation equipment.
- Experience in production assembly manufacturing.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you will consider applying.2021-06-30|||Austin, TX|||Machines | Engineering||||||Vi4wt.Y5D9deAJvz|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false