Logistics Coordinator Apply Now
We are seeking an experienced self-starter who can take ownership of day-to-day logistics functions to support our continued growth. The ideal candidate will hit the ground running day one and quickly transition responsibilities from multiple team members to create efficiencies and bring invaluable logistics expertise.
- Strategic thinker with strong decision making and problem-solving skills – exceptional ability to analyze current environments, evaluate large amounts of information with multiple options, and strategically choose the best solution(s) for the benefit of American Canning, its customers and partners.
- Excellent communicator with both internal and external parties – obtain quotes, provide accurate and timely information to co-workers by telephone, e-mail, or in-person, scheduling deliveries, managing tracking and following up with delays, damages and or difficulties in deliveries. Accurately representing American Canning and its values to internal staff and all shipping partners.
- High comfort level with technology and learning new systems; deep knowledge of shipping related software
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing work; ability to effectively schedule staff, shipments, deliveries and customer-arranged freight.
- Impeccable attention to detail for accurate documentation and records keeping.
- Guiding, directing, and inspiring staff and partners to meet all strategic goals.
- Firm, fair and effective negotiator – ensuring best service from and for all shipping partners.
- Strong grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles and working knowledge of shipping carriers and 3PL providers
- Active learner interested in career progression in the world of shipping/logistics.
- Service oriented; shipping as a service.
- 5+ years’ experience in a logistics and/or transportation services related field
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, logistics, business administration or transportation preferred, but not required.
About the position:
- Oversee all activities directly related to quoting, dispatching, and tracking shipments for American Canning and American Canning Machines.
- Plan, organize and strategically manage all components of a local delivery schedule.
- Prepare and process all necessary paperwork to execute domestic and international shipments for parcel, LTL, consolidated and/or dedicated freight via ground, ocean and/or air transportation; hot shots; local deliveries.
- Partner with internal staff, customers, carriers, and claims provider(s) to investigate and resolve any shipping related complaints; timely file and manage any necessary damage claims.
- Monitor costs/spending to ensure shipping expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Collaborate with shipping staff, carriers, and 3PL partners to ensure all shipping procedures, policies, goals, and objectives are met.
- Conduct quarterly and/or annual reviews with all shipping providers and partners to ensure best pricing and practices through all shipping activities.
- Manage vendor relationships and identify new opportunities to increase profits and improve shipping services.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with shipping providers in accordance with all American Canning budget and operations goals.
- Monitor and ensure accurate classification of goods for NMFC and tariff codes.
- Conduct employee training of all shipping staff to ensure accurate, timely and efficient shipping procedures.
- Ensure shipping policies, product classifications and paperwork are compliant with necessary government regulations and/or applicable regional trade agreements.
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis to identify opportunities for process improvements
Salary to be discussed based on your requirements and experience. Benefits include health insurance, dental, vision, paid vacation and matching 401(k).2020-12-31|||Austin, TX|||Operations | Mid-Level||||||G5TAZ2yCkWvcuoaq|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false