Inventory Control Specialist Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to manufacturers worldwide through our mobile canning services, canning machine equipment, packaging supply distribution efforts, and unparalleled customer service. In 2022, we are looking forward to adding can manufacturing to our ecosystem.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Warehouse and Logistics Manager, The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for monitoring warehouse inventory, performing cycle counting duties, and transaction audits to ensure that all items are properly verified to be reflective of reported inventory. This position requires you to be onsite in a warehouse setting.
What will you do?
- Cycle count components, packaging materials, finished goods, and materials daily, per schedule.
- Analyze variances between system and actual (physical) counts.
- Work with warehouse personnel and management to improve inventory accuracy.
- Ensure components, packaging materials, supplies etc. are in proper, labeled locations. Conduct searches to locate misclassified inventory.
- Report discrepancies of over/under amounts and any damaged products to management weekly.
- Assist with root cause analysis on inventory discrepancies and recommends process improvements to eliminate them. Communicate changes to relevant parties as needed.
- Confirm items match packing slip upon receipt.
- Receive items into system.
- Ensure items are correctly labeled/stored/put away in correct locations or delivered to appropriate internal customers if not stocked material.
- May assist on an as needed basis with logistics, put away or freight/parcel prep.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and orderly warehouse appearance.
- Adhere to all company policies, safety procedures, and guidelines.
- Ability to operate a forklift, pallet jack, and other warehouse equipment. Training will be provided.
What do we expect?
- Organized thought process with high attention to detail with ability to produce accurate results, effective prioritization to meet scheduled deadlines, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven time management skills with the ability to respond to time-critical issues and work overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
- Excellent work ethic: ability to work self-directed and as a team player.
- Ability to adapt to change in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- What is required?
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Excel or other spreadsheet applications such as Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of WMS systems considered a plus, but not required.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb and move about the facility. Occasionally stoops, kneels, reaches, and carries.
- Knowledge to operate a computer, computer accessories and phone equipment.
- Required to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs+.
- Paid Lunch Break
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + Matching)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Paid Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Company supported continued education
- Fun company get togethers and department outings
- Monthly cookouts at the office