HR Generalist Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
We make aluminum can packaging solutions accessible to beverage manufacturers all over the world through a suite of carefully curated products, low footprint canning machines, and best-in-class service and support. We’ve been around for 10 years, and would not be here without the creative, hardworking, skillful individuals that continue to make American Canning’s vision possible.
What is the job?
Reporting to the CPO, the HR Generalist will create, improve, manage, and execute HR systems of administration, employee relations, and compliance. They will also assist with recruitment, onboarding, training and development, and performance management efforts as needed, with our People Operations team's collaboration and support. Beyond the main functions of this role, we are seeking a motivated, forward-thinking HR pro to help us maintain our people-first mission as we grow into a larger, mature organization.
A successful candidate will be…
A Team Builder - You have strong interpersonal skills, communicate effectively (verbally and written), listen actively, understand different perspectives, and build positive relationships.
Ethical – You maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information and treat employees and stakeholders with dignity and respect.
Adaptable – You are comfortable with change, ambiguity, and uncertainty and know when you need to reprioritize.
Solutions Oriented – You think critically and creatively to discern the best resolution for a given situation and are not afraid to ask for help.
Highly Organized – You use consistent systems to manage your time effectively, prioritize tasks based on their importance and urgency, and meet deadlines.
What will you do?
- Manage HR administration tasks: maintain employee records in our HRIS, facilitate communication between employees and our benefits brokers, and support our Finance team with payroll processing.
- Maintain positive employee relations and address employee concerns and grievances.
- Oversee employee offboarding process, including conducting exit interviews, summarizing findings, and discussing trends and concerns with senior management.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws and regulations, including labor laws, health and safety regulations, and equal opportunity laws.
- Support managers in the performance management and documentation process and help create coaching plans when performance improvement is needed.
- Assist the Onboarding & Training Coordinator with onboarding new hires; communicate and collaborate on department and company-wide training initiatives.
- Assist with the recruitment cycle, including sourcing, screening, scheduling and interviewing candidates, as needed.
- Collaborate with the CPO and other members of the People Operations/HR team to develop, implement, communicate, and maintain HR policies, processes, and procedures.
- Stay updated on the latest HR trends, best practices, and technologies, and make recommendations to improve HR policies and procedures.
What is required?
- 3-5 years of experience in an HR Generalist role in a fast-paced environment (manufacturing a plus).
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), or SHRM certification required.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment laws and practices (not just Texas)
- Broad knowledge of safety, training/development, employee relations, performance management, organizational planning, and benefits/compensation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Strong knowledge and working experience with an HRIS, Paylocity preferred.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is ideal, but not required.
- Payroll processing experience, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or similar program a plus, but not required
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Long-Term Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + 4% Matching)
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental and Medical Leave
- Long-Term Disability
- Fun Company Events, Department Outings, and Cookouts