Graphic Designer Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to craft manufacturers throughout North America in every beverage category.
What is the job?
American Canning is in a high growth period and seeking a highly talented In-House Graphic Designer with 2-4 years of experience to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for working collaboratively with our marketing team to create engaging and on-brand digital assets and print collateral. Using visual storytelling and core design principles, you will assist in educating customers, converting leads, and increasing brand and product awareness.
This is a full-time position at our office located in Austin, TX. Hybrid work is an option after training is completed, with the expectation that 2-3 days a week will be onsite.
A successful candidate will be…
Flexible - You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment and can quickly change direction when priorities shift from one project to another.
Driven by Results - You're conscientious about delivering high-quality deliverables on-time, every time.
A Team Player - You love collaboration and always show respect for the views and contributions of others.
What will you do?
• Design for print and digital mediums, supporting a variety of product and marketing initiatives including pitch decks, sell sheets, advertising campaigns, design systems, email comms, catalogs, website assets and landing pages, social posts and a variety of other sales and marketing collateral.
• Collaborate with the marketing and other interdepartmental teams to ensure that designs align with brand guidelines and effectively communicate our message.
• Gather necessary written and visual content from stakeholders to create successful, informative, and timely design projects.
• Present design concepts to the Creative Director and Marketing leadership, implementing changes and project iterations as needed.
• Manage print projects from start to finish - create press ready files and work with print vendors on a regular basis to ensure timely delivery of collateral.
• Maintain brand standards and visual appearance across all designs, ensuring brand style continuity.
• Actively contribute to marketing campaign ideation and execution, staying informed on design and marketing trends. Be innovative in your thinking and design execution.
What is required?
• 2-4 years of graphic design experience in an in-house or agency setting.
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or a related field or experience to match.
• An incredible portfolio of design work. Stellar typography skills and a thorough demonstration of brand design and layout hierarchy are a must.
• Commanding knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, with a basic understanding of Figma. Experience with Webflow, After Effects and E-commerce CMS platforms is a plus.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively articulate design concepts to team members and stakeholders.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Advanced experience with Mac OS environment, Microsoft Office 365 and project management software such as Asana or Monday.com.
• Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
• Retirement Plan (401k + 4% Matching)
• Generous PTO
• 2 Flex-Floating Holidays (per year)
• 2 Volunteer Days (per year)
• Paid Holidays
• Family Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
• Long-Term Disability
• Fun Company Events, Department Outings, and Cookouts
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you will consider applying.