Executive Assistant Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to manufacturers worldwide through our mobile canning services, canning machine equipment, packaging supply distribution efforts, and unparalleled customer service. In late 2022, we are looking forward to adding can manufacturing to our ecosystem.
What is the job?
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the CEO and other executives as needed.
A successful candidate will be…
Highly Organized: In a dynamic work environment with many moving parts, you’re at ease prioritizing your responsibilities and maintaining deadlines.
Fast-Paced: You’re at home in a fast-paced environment and are never fazed by the demands and deliverables that come with it.
Resourceful: You have an astounding ability to think outside the box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue: big or small.
A Team Player: You’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others and enjoys brainstorming, project-work, and building team spirit.
Principled: You have the ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a business environment with a diverse employment base.
What will you do?
- Provide complex, executive-level support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), using a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Assist the CEO in the timely management of communications, including written, telephone, email, and voicemail.
- Compose and edit letters, documents, emails, proposals, PowerPoint, and ensure follow up with those that require answers, responses, and written replies on the CEO's behalf.
- Assist in the management and organization of the CEO’s calendar by scheduling appointments, meetings, engagements, and daily activities.
- Lead planning and support for routine meetings, special events, conferences, public speaking engagements, and related functions, including anticipating event requirements and responding accordingly when needed.
- Arrange travel and accommodations for executives.
- Schedule and attend meetings on behalf of executives, taking notes, and proactively following up on identified action items.
- Embody commitment to American Canning’s culture and demonstrate professionalism in interactions with senior leaders, coworkers, and customers.
- Act as a point of contact between the Executive Team and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support. Instead of acting as a gatekeeper, you will advocate for other team members by helping remove roadblocks and assisting with providing them access to the information and answers they need.
- Create, develop, and maintain a clear system of organization for the CEO, as well as organizing information as it pertains to the leadership team.
What do we expect?
- Strong sense of urgency, adaptability, flexibility, and resourcefulness
- The ability to inspire calmness while managing multiple concurrent projects and deadlines
- The duties and responsibilities of this role involve a high degree of initiative and independence while understanding American Canning’s processes, systems, policies, and procedures
What is required?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Experience exercising judgment/discretion while utilizing company policies and practices to determine appropriate actions
- Able to type a minimum of 50 words per minute.
- Expert with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software with the ability to learn new or updated software.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k + 4% Matching)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation and Sick)
- Paid Holidays
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Long-Term Disability
- Fun company get-togethers, department outings, and cookouts at the office
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you will consider applying.