Communications Specialist Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas that takes pride being a premium quality supplier of can packaging solutions to beverage manufacturers worldwide. We are proud of the work we do supporting small businesses and insist on having a lot of fun doing it!
The role of Communications Specialist is new to American Canning and will be a core component of the marketing team. Its primary function is to create engaging content for American Canning and American Canning Machines, across print and digital media outlets, as it relates to product awareness/promotion, advertising, social media, press releases, white papers, media requests, and the like. Outstanding applicants will be creative wordsmiths and grammar geeks with an innovative eye for helping bring a brand to life. They will be able to handle multiple projects and timelines as once, quickly adapting to consumer preferences and sales data/trends. Most importantly, they will be passionate about creating and communicating a best-in-class customer experience.
What is the job?
Oversee all copywriting and communications activities for American Canning and American Canning Machines.
What will you do?
Create, plan, listen, research, collaborate, communicate and respond!
- This is a strategic and hands-on position designed to push our marketing efforts forward through written word.
- It is creating error-free content for marketing materials, product descriptions and developing e-mail/social media campaigns; writing content for advertising campaigns and sales resources.
- It is representing our brand(s) in and across all media outlets.
- Help facilitate customer access to our product, information, and people.
What do we expect?
- Produce highly engaging, error-free content that accurately reflects our brand’s voice.
- Interpret creative direction and adapt points from overall marketing goals into relatable and persuasive material across print/digital media.
- Develop and implement a communication strategy encompassing media outreach and social media content creation.
- Propose copy concepts and present underlying strategic thinking to internal team members and external stake holders.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing team members to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the company’s strategy an in support of brand initiatives.
- Maintain accurate product descriptions and utilize best practices in SEO/SEM to drive e-commerce sales.
- Research and write for press releases, website, infographics, resource center (blogs), sales resources, e-mail marketing, social media, etc.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s products, principles, policies, and strategies.
- Adhere to the company’s style guidelines, especially as it relates to brand positioning and voice.
- Analyze and evaluate results of communication campaigns.
- Build, nurture and maintain relationships with key media contacts.
What is required?
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a marketing, copywriting or communications related role within a B2B environment.
- Ability to think critically and communicate creatively.
- Understanding of company’s current products and future goals.
- Problem solving with ability to organize, prioritize, and complete multiple projects despite tight deadlines.
- Analytical skills to identify trends, analyze data and report on KPIs.
- Familiarity with complete suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in e-commerce, live chat, social media and e-mail marketing.
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM tools.
- Intermediate to advance skill in Adobe Creative Software, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced skill in Adobe Creative Software, particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced skill across multiple social media platforms and planning tools (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Customer focused, quality driven mindset.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you’ll consider applying.2021-05-31|||Austin, TX|||Marketing||||||9voVG..P6uAYj8gh|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false