Chief Financial Officer Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a fast-growing company based in Austin, Texas that takes pride in being a premium quality supplier of can packaging solutions to beverage manufacturers worldwide. We are a team-first, but customer-centric organization that focuses on creating innovative solutions for the businesses we serve. We celebrate curiosity, insist on collaboration, and always look ahead to imagine what our world could be. We are proud of the work we do and insist on having a lot of fun doing it!
What is the job?
The Chief Financial Officer will direct and oversee the financial activities of the company, direct the preparation of financial reports and summaries, and help create and drive organizational strategy to support company goals and objectives.
What will you get to do?
- Oversee financial operations, including accounting, FP&A, and cash management.
- Structure and build out Finance department.
- Work with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
- Direct the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compare sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; make or oversee any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Review planning process and suggest improvements to current methods.
- Analyze operations to identify areas in need of attention.
- Work with the CEO and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Study long-range economic trends and project their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Assist with strategy and identifying opportunities for expansion into new areas.
- Oversees management of funds and raise additional capital required for growth and operations.
- Responsible for risk management, including contracts, legal functions, and insurance.
What do we expect?
- A seasoned CFO with experience in a manufacturing, production, or CPG environment.
- Experience structuring and orchestrating capital raises.
- Experience shaping and creating processes, structures, and scaling an organization.
- Strong leadership abilities and an affinity for teaching and developing talent.
- A strategic, operational mind with strengths in planning and analysis.
- Hands-on ERP experience (NetSuite a plus).
- Strong experience in cost accounting, inventory management, and pricing strategy.
What is required?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required with advanced certification or degree strongly preferred (CPA, CMA, MBA, etc.).
- Experience in high-growth environment between $50-$100 million in revenue.
- Eight to ten years of experience in financial leadership with at least four years in CFO role.
You will thrive in this position if you are:
A Strong Leader: You have developed your leadership and team developmental skills. You are an expert in your field and absolutely love teaching and developing others.
A Team Player: You’re a collaborative team player who shows respect for the views and contributions of others while building team spirit across the department.
A Communicator: You’re capable of translating complex business requirements to a non-technical audience in a clear and concise manner.
Are at Home in a Fast-Paced Environment: You are able to juggle competing priorities/projects and are excited to help build a team!
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k + Matching)
Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation and Sick)
Paid Public Holidays
Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Company supported continued education
Fun company get togethers and department outings
Monthly cookouts at the office