We're a fast-moving, quickly growing team that works hard and has fun doing it! If this sounds like something you're into, we hope you'll consider one of the open job positions that we have listed below.
If you don't know much about us, know this: we’re fans of all things craft! Indie beer, canned wine, cold brew coffee, hard ciders and seltzers, soda, mead, tonic water and kombucha give us all the feels. We take pride in helping beverage producers share their craft in cans and enjoy knowing that because of our work, other fans have greater access to the drinks and brands they love. We're a small business who loves helping other small businesses serve what they love.
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a small, family run business based in Austin, Texas serving small, craft producers across the country by providing supplies that allow then to put their product in cans and share them with world. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, there has been a shift in our industry toward packaging beverages – many of our customers have had to close their doors to the public with the exception of to-go sales, so packaging their beverages has become more of a priority than ever. As a result, we have seen an overnight increase of inquiries, and are looking for a dynamic, rock-star Customer Service Manager to join in serving our community.
- You have worked for at least one small business during a sustained growth period – you understand the pain points and enjoy the rewards of working in this environment
- You have hired, managed, and coached a strong customer care & sales team, and have the results to back to back it up
- You are a natural conversationalist with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You genuinely like people and want to help them resolve problems – no matter how silly or severe
- You are not afraid to jump into the chaos because your ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate allows you to keep calm and support/advise your team, while getting your work done
- You are comfortable with technology and learning new systems – primary systems will be Outlook, Slack, Shopify, NetSuite, and Favro (similar to Asana, Monday); minimal experience with Adobe Illustrator not at all necessary, but nice
- Above all, you are a collaborator and enjoy working on a team of kind, empathetic people
About the job:
This is a brand new position and will center around creating an environment for you and your team to create positive experiences for current and potential customers, both by phone and email.
In the first 30 days, you’ll...
- Learn the American Canning business and current systems
- Experience our challenges and identify/select potential solutions
- Gain a clear understanding of our customer service & inbound sales flow and begin documenting and implementing processes for a consistent, memorable customer experience
in 60 days, you’ll...
- Create an on-boarding process and supportive training tools for new team
- Identify a set of reports and KPIs to begin tracking and coaching team performance
- Begin handling all escalated customer issues for resolution and documentation
in 90 days, you’ll...
- Begin supervision of our Art Team members (2), who service our specialty subset of sleeved-can customers
- Build a process and schedule for team meetings, coaching & education, and performance reviews
- Be managing a team of 4+ and reporting to our VP of Sales
To apply, send a copy of your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.