Business Development – Key Accounts Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are a fast-growing startup based in Austin, Texas that takes pride being a premium quality supplier of can packaging solutions to beverage manufacturers. We are proud of the work we do supporting small businesses and insist on having a lot of fun doing it!
What is the job?
The Business Development – Key Accounts will act as the first point of contact for our largest volume customers and long-term responsibilities. It is a solutions-oriented position responsible for identifying, nurturing, and converting high value sales leads, in addition to maintaining exceptional working relationships with all key, strategic accounts.
*Key accounts span multiple beverage types and geographic regions.
What will you do?
- Communicate, listen, stay-informed, respond, relate. Be available. Identify, pursue, convert – sell.
- This is not a passive position. It is excellent customer service and strong relationship management.
- It is increased market presence and long-term business growth through many major accounts.
- It is identifying, pursuing and converting high volume opportunities.
- It is providing a best-in-class experience to all assigned customers.
What do we expect?
- Outstanding communication and relationship management with all assigned customers.
- Create, conduct and present quarterly reviews with all key account clients.
- Ability to listen to customers, stay-informed of/identify needs, propose solutions, and convert on sales opportunities.
- Research markets, industries, organizations and companies to identify/generate new leads.
- Identify and contact decision-makers, evaluate potential business opportunities, select opportunities aligned with business goals, and facilitate new sales.
- Develop proposals and presentations for new business/partnership materials.
- Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive sales proposals.
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of marketing campaigns to achieve strategic goals.
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations.
- Attend conferences, (guild) meetings, and industry events.
- Work collaboratively with all sales team members to meet company, departmental and individual sales goals.
- Assist in demand planning and forecasting; frequently communicating new and/or high-volume sales opportunities.
What is required?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in B2B sales, marketing or other related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the beverage industry preferred.
- Self-driven, proactive personality; a desire to pursue opportunity.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Ability to manage complex circumstances and multi-task.
- Working experience with sales techniques.
- Proficiency with data analysis and forecasting.
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources.
- Ability to compose and deliver in-person and digital presentations.
- Ability to quote and compose sales orders through ERP and e-commerce platforms.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
- Familiarity with CRM software.
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented team, we hope you’ll consider applying.2021-04-30|||Austin, TX|||Sales||||||zKxpB8bg1QrYM-wT|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false