Artwork and Prepress Technician Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to manufacturers worldwide through our mobile canning services, canning machine equipment, packaging supply distribution efforts, and unparalleled customer service. In 2022, we are looking forward to adding can manufacturing to our ecosystem.
What is the job?
As a member of the prepress team, you will review electronic files from clients to ensure thoroughness and completeness in the digital & offset printing process. Thorough communication with both clients and our Customer Service team is vital to this position to deliver quality service and products.
What will you do?
- Review and Pre-Flight prepress files in Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator and other desktop publishing applications
- Communicate with clients regarding proofing process and edits needed to finalize artwork
- Make corrections and changes as needed to prepare the files for digital and offset presses
- Review and inspect physical samples for accuracy
- Maintain & organize multiple digital and physical archives
- Export pages to properly formatted PDF files
- Refine (rip and trap) pages
- Work directly with other co-workers and supervisor to achieve a quality product
A successful candidate will…
Have experience in both digital and offset printing processes
Possess an excellent attention to detail
Be well organized
Maintain high level communication
What is required?
- 2-3 year's experience in a prepress role
- High level skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
What do we expect?
- High level of verbal and written communication
- Positive attitude
- High level of operation in a windows environment
Paid Lunch Breaks
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k + Matching)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Paid Public Holidays)
Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Company supported continued education
Fun company get togethers and department outings
Monthly cookouts at the office