Account Specialist - Supplies Apply Now
Who is American Canning?
American Canning is a team of energetic individuals with a shared passion for the craft beverage industry. We are based in Austin, TX but take pride in providing aluminum can packaging solutions to manufacturers worldwide through our mobile canning services, canning machine equipment, and packaging supply distribution.
In 2022, printed can manufacturing will be added to our ecosystem.
What is the job?
An Account Specialist is the ultimate organizer of order details. They are the liaison between Account Managers and customer contacts, helping ensure that order requests are interpreted correctly, entered accurately, produced to specification, and delivered promptly. Their ability to communicate effectively and with purpose is paramount for many other team members’ success. The Account Specialist is often the primary point of contact for customers, so a supreme level of customer service is involved. At the end of the day, an Account Specialist is passionate about providing customers with the ultimate purchase experience – being remembered for their approachable personality, ease-of-interaction, and effective order execution.
A successful candidate will….
- Have a knack for sales.
- We all know people that can sell anything, seemingly without trying. We also all know people who make us cringe in how they sell. Account specialists are natural, relatable, solutions oriented salespeople who aren’t afraid to ask… “would you like a can end with that?”
- Be detailed oriented.
- Custom packaging supplies are vital to many craft brands. Packaging days and brand releases are often dependent on our quoted lead times and ability to produce according to spec. As a result, our ability to get every order correct is imperative to a quality customer experience.
- Be an effective communicator – in person, on the phone, and via digital platforms
- Communicating the needs of custom packaging requires clear, concise, and easy-to-understand communication. Receivers of the specialist’s communication should never have to doubt details or intent of the messaging.
- Prioritize customer experience.
- Recognizing impact on customers is key in this role. An amazing account specialist will have no problem prioritizing activities that create a better experience for American Canning customers.
- Look at the glass half-full.
- Customer service can have its rough days. While our team tries works hard to ensure every day is enjoyable, we’re looking for people that can remain calm and approachable after a potentially frustrating interaction.
- Be accountable.
- Mistakes happen and that’s okay. Account specialists work hard to minimize errors in order entry, but when mistakes happen, a specialist is honest about the occurrence and works hard to resolve the issue for our customers’ sake; escalating to sales management as necessary.
- Have a love for craft.
- Customers can tell when you enjoy what you do and have a passion for their experience. An account specialist will have a passion for packaging craft that is evident in all they do.
- Be an incredible team member.
- As a liaison between many departments, the work of an Account Specialist is rarely individual. They will work hard to pull their weight for the team and be flexible when events outside their control occur. Through it all, they will remain positive and understand that working together provides the best customer experience.
What do we expect?
- Outstanding communication and relationship management with all customers and team members.
- Work collaboratively to meet and exceed company, departmental and individual sales goals.
- Actively engage with the Account Managers to provide an exceptional order experience.
- Collect, organize, and handle paperwork, entering sales data with near 100% accuracy.
- Promptly handle customer complaints, as received, escalating or resolving as able.
- Strong follow through with key stakeholders to ensure all order timelines are met.
- Ability to daily receive, prioritize and respond to multiple points of customer communication.
- Ability to make a great first impression with new customers – on the phone and via e-mail.
- Willing to help cover responsibilities of other team members during PTO.
- Participate in sales meetings as requested, either with the team or individual customers.
- Assist in the implementation of sales/marketing systems as requested.
- An optimistic individual – sales and customer service isn’t always easy – let’s make it fun!
What is required?
- Proven experience as an account specialist/representative or other related sales/service role.
- Understanding of beverage packaging and/or custom artwork orders preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and ability to track multiple sales at once.
- Ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Experience managing orders within an ERP environment preferred (NetSuite, Sage, Oracle, X3, etc)
- Experience with CRM software preferred (Salesforce, Zendesk, etc)
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.)
If this sounds like you and you are ready to join a fast-paced, goal-oriented sales team, we hope you’ll consider applying.2022-07-31|||Austin, TX|||Sales||||||Vf0UbIGQ94SU_YF-|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||range||||||19.23|||21.63|||true